Staging to me is the art of styling or fluffing your home with the intention of selling the property quickly or for top dollar in the real estate market.
This may be accomplished by utilizing the furnishings that you already have or implementing new furnishings, accessories, art of or even painting. Staging has a way of enhancing and attracting potential buyers in a way that they may see themselves living in a prospective home. Also, forces you to reorganize and declutter where it is necessary. Remember that “Less is More”!
Staging the exterior of your home is just as important as the interior. Curb Appeal gives the potential buyers a good first impression. Your lawn should always be mowed/edged, trees / bushes trimmed, add mulch to flower beds if needed, power wash sidewalks / driveways, and windows spotless.
• Entry way should be open and free of clutter. This could be as simple as sweeping, wiping down the front door and adding a beautiful wreath.
• Clear rooms of excess family portraits / photos. Buyers want to visualize themselves living in your home.
• Arrange your furniture in a way that allows for the best possible flow, making it open and inviting.
• Try to let in as much natural light as possible into your home. Open shutters, blinds and windows when showing your home.
• Declutter kitchen and bathroom counter tops.
• “Clean & Bright” is key. The sale of your home depends on it.
• Open up bedrooms by reducing the amount of furniture items and update bedding if necessary. Express the feel of relaxation and tranquility.
You should only spend as much on home staging as needed to achieve the desired result, which is to sell your home quickly and for the best price.
-Melissa B. Avila